The EMDR Review Course
The EMDR Review Course is designed to help EMDR therapists become more confident and successful EMDR clinicians.
Valuable information about EMDR will be presented. There will also be time for questions and answers about a wide range of EMDR related topics. Some of the topics that will be covered include:
- How to talk with your clients about EMDR and its usefulness for their case
- Case conceptualization
- Resourcing to strengthen affect regulation and to increase an adaptive perspective
- Grounding skills
- Setting up effective targets
- Cognitive interweaves
- Working with negative and positive cognitions
- Floatback and affect bridge
- Managing strong affect (titrating targets)
- Addressing blocked processing
- Working with defenses
- Troubleshooting complications and obstacles
Here’s what past participants of the EMDR Review Course have said about the course:
“Ross has a great understanding of EMDR and he does a great job of disseminating information and answering questions. The training helped fill in gaps and provided a forum for deeper understanding of EMDR. Ross did a great job of giving an overview of the material in a short time”
“Presentation was well organized and I acquired new skills to provide better treatment.”
“I really appreciated Ross’s use of time. I liked the length of the workshop and that all of the time was used in a productive way. I also liked the small group and personalized attention. I am leaving this workshop with more knowledge and confidence and that is exactly what I had hoped for.”
Requirements: Participants need to have completed at least Part I of an EMDRIA approved Basic Training in EMDR therapy.
If you’re interested in participating in the EMDR Review Course, please contact me by phone or email.
<< Return To Counseling Techniques Page